#maptimeDavis Is My Research Mappable?

world-2754297_1280

“Is My Research Mappable?” is an introductory workshop on map making and GIS for researchers.

This workshop will introduce GIS and spatial data, include activities for brainstorming with other researchers, and provide resources for getting started working with spatial data.  Examples from medicine, literature, history, and social science!  In this session we won’t be using any specific software, but rather we will focus on discussion & demonstrations.

When? Tuesday, April 10, 1:00-3:00 in the DSI Classroom – room 360 Shields Library

Prerequisites: It will be helpful for participants to have a basic understanding of spatial data and GIS (equivalent to having taken an introductory course).  Previous experience with databases is not necessary.

How to prepare:

1. Register for this event.
  2. (Optional) bring examples of your data or maps you would like to emulate.

#maptime Davis is brought to you by the UC Davis Library’s Data Management Program & the UC Davis Center for Spatial Sciences with help from several campus clubs and informal learning groups.  Space is generously provided by the Data Science Initiative (DSI).

Upcoming #maptimeDavis workshops.

About micheletobias

I lead two lives - one as an artist and the other as a scientist. More and more I'm finding my two worlds colliding, and it's not the disaster you might expect.

One thought on “#maptimeDavis Is My Research Mappable?